AlunFoto wrote:

Lovely bird portrait, Liz.
In my opinion, a shot like this taken in the wild is always ethically
dubious, in contrast to one shot under controlled conditions like you
have done. If shot in the wild, the burden of evidence is always on
the photographer to convince the audience that no harm came to the
animal. Including imprinting.

Throw that back to the purists and see how they handle it. :-)

Jostein

Glad you pointed that out, too -- I wholeheartedly agree.

ann