On Apr 6, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Bob Sullivan wrote:

> Try adding the smallest extension tube to the camera/bellows
> combination to get the prism to clear while turning.
> Regards,  Bob S.
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
>> tried to trade some Pentax gear with a local fellow and had two surprises:
>>
>> 1) Vivitar 2x PKA teleconverter does not seem to permit adjusting aperture
>> with an A or FA lens -- tried Av, M, P modes; this seems to make it no more
>> useful than the non PKA version which i already have (and find inconvenient)
>>
>> Pentax Autobellows can't even be mounted on my K200d -- the cast-iron
>> fitting at the bellows rear-end bumps into the body as i turn to latch it on
>> -- simply can't be fully attached
>>
>> i guess i'm no longer looking to add either of these to my collection -- or
>> did i miss something?

Does the TC have the contacts for the A mount lenses?  If not, then it won't
work.  If it does, it may just be that the contacts are dirty, or have corroded
where the spring and ball bearings meet inside, especially if it hasn't been
used for a while.

If you put the TC on the camera, the bellows should mount, and you wouldn't
have Auto exposure anyways.