On Apr 13, 2011, at 1:05 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:

>>> Someone needs to introduce that guy to the concept of the "paragraph".
>> I'll do that
>>
>> Dave
>
> Given the perversity of the universe, all you'll manage to do is teach him
> how to spell...

Mark!

I have more than a little temptation to comment on how his essay has provoked
an interesting discussion on snob appeal vs. talent, or at least to challenge
him to a photo competition, my 64 year old, unadjusted Argus C3 brick against
his Leica M3.  However given the subjective aspect of photographic quality, it
isn't nearly so cut and dried as asking whether I'd be able to keep up with him
around the racetrack in his Porsche while driving my Dodge Van.