On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM, William Robb
<anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what have you spent on computers, storage media and
> software (be honest, what would you have spent if you hadn't stolen your
> software, for example)

I'm a computer geek. Photo editing is not the driver of my hardware
purchases; my old Athlon 64 ran Bibble just fine. My marginal cost has
been Bibble Lite at $99 and IMatch at whatever it cost (<$100), four
years ago when I bought my K10D. I'm likely to buy Lightroom in the
next year, at $250, or less if a good sale comes up. None of my
software is pirated.

> How much of your life have you wasted squinting at a computer screen when
> you could have just picked up a box of slides?

I spent metric fuckloads of time cutting and sleeving film and putting
it in binders and spotting prints and writing down the way that I
printed everything, trying to sketch my dodging and burning and
recording my times and temperatures. I don't miss it.