On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 06:20:05PM -0500, Christine  Aguila wrote:
> 1) Pentax still needs to improve on low-light autofocus--that's a must.
>
> 2) But, here's what I'd like to see:  a stripped down camera.
> K-5 high ISO quality , frames per second, bracketing feature,
> natural shooting mode only, & AV, TV et al. modes,  white balance
> features--then add improved lowlight autofocus.
>
> Get rid of everything else--video, creative filters, multiple
> exposure shooting,  etc.  I think  a stripped down camera would make
> a nice back-up camera or primary camera for that matter.  It would
> have the quality of the K5 but hopefully at a lower cost.

Not an economically feasible solution.  You wouldn't be able to sell
enough of them to make the cost appreciably lower than the cost of
the same camera with those features enabled - just about everything
you mention is a "software only" feature, and doesn't affect the
unit cost of manufacturing.  About the only hardware difference
would be if there were variations in the FPS rate, and my guess is
that the cost of providing two complete sets of electronics (with
different bus & CPU speeds) would far outweigh any potential savings.

Furthermore, such a camera would only cannibalise K-5 sales.  There's
not really any incentive for Pentax to destroy their own market,