On Apr 17, 2011, at 8:34 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:

> 5. Quality GPS encoding into EXIF. Software options for setting defaults to
> be used when satellite reception is insufficient for a good fix.

Wifi would give you your remote ability, plus the ability to get GPS from a GPS
enabled smartphone.

> 6. More control over bracketing. When doing macro, for example, why can't I
> bracket on depth of field (i.e., variations in f-stop) and let the camera
> adjust shutter and/or ISO to maintain proper EV? (This idea stolen from my
> brother. If there is already a way to do this, he and I would both love to
> hear about it!)

I was just bemoaning the lack of this myself and was told just to use the
extended bracketing in JPEG only mode.
> Another thing the camera needs is lenses to put on the camera. The Pentax
> vaunted backward compatibility has allowed them to get away with ignoring
> their lens development in many areas, but they need to produce some modern
> lenses already!
>       - DA* 250-600/5.6?
>       - DA* 600/4.0?
>       - DA 800/5.6?
> Yes, I know that these would be big and heavy and expensive, but the option
> for a special order, at least, should be there.

I'd like a
DA* 30/1.4
DA* 85/1.4
DA* 100/2.0

but if they came out with those, then I'd really need to find a job.