Paul, John, Boris

Thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it on.  If my son goes ahead and
gets one, maybe I'll get to play with it (fathers should have some
privileges....).

Regarding the SDM issue, I think I recall a discussion on this some
months back but didn't pay a lot of attention because this is not a lens
I'm likely to get.  If I recall correctly, if the SDM fails, the
screwdriver drive is available not a fall back option.  Is that correct?

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

On Wed, 11 May 2011 08:25 +0100, "Paul Dunderdale" <dund...@mcb.net>
wrote:
> I bought mine from Godfrey a couple of years ago.  So far (touches wood
> nervously) I have had no trouble with SDM.  It and the 16-50 are my go-to
> lenses when I'm not hiking (they're too heavy for hillwalking!) and I
> won't have time for frequent lens changing.
>
> Lovely lens for shooting concerts and rehearsals, for portraits and
> general low-light work, but it's like a bazooka after using primes, and
> can be a bit obtrusive: not really for street work or candids!
>
> If I need longer, I find that the 55-300 is fine for the little use it
> gets.  I haven't been tempted by the 60-250 (yet).
>
> Paul
>

> On 11 May 2011, at 07:52, John Francis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 04:06:04PM +1000, Brian Walters wrote:
> >> G'day all
> >>
> >> My son is looking at this lens for his K20D.
> >>
> >> The reviews look good but I'm just wondering if anyone here has any
> >> experience with it.
> >
> > Sure do.
> >
> > I bought one (to complement my 16-50 on the K10D) just before the price
> > went up.  Those two lenses (plus the K10D) are what I take with me for
> > almost anything (sometimes the E-PL1 wins out because of portability).
> >
> > Anecdotally, I think I've seen more problems reported with the SDM on
> > that lens than on any other, but my personal experience has been free
> > of any problems.
> >
> > When I do get round to picking up a 60-250, though, I suspect that the
> > 50-135 will see less use.  Bujt until then I trust it will continue to
> > serve me well.
> >
> > --
> > PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
> > PDML@pdml.net