On 5/11/2011 12:31, Thibouille wrote:
17-70 is SDM only (as is the 55/1.4 btw) so no screwdriver option.
The problem is, if SDM fails, the body will not allow a fallback to
usual screwdrive (and we are angry at PEntax because of that) but a
non-SDM body (ist-D serie, K100D) will work with screwdrive just fine.

Oh, the SDM only would of course explain it.

AFAICT the 16-50 had a lot more SDM problems than the 50-135 but this
is from memory.

I think it is because 16-50 is simply more frequently used or sought after than 50-135.

As for the lens itself, it isn't very fast to AF but optically this is
a pure gem. And yes, not very discrete lens, hood is huge :)
I wouldn't sell mine for all the tea in China ;)

Smaller than 80-200/2.8 yet, methinks.

/blink (yep the tea reference is for Boris)

We have Palais des Thes in Tel Aviv now...

Boris