Couldn't agree more, Tim.

I immediately run through all my exposures from a big shoot using
Lightroom and reject anything that I know is never going to be worth
processing any further. After a quick second pass looking for picks
and another quick review, I then delete them from the hard drive and
forget they existed.

Since I tend to shoot slowly and carefully on my personal work, I
don't see three quarters going in the bit bucket most of the time ...
usually more like half ... but when I'm doing an event assignment the
percentage can be closer to 90%.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com