On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 03:44:38PM -0400, Mark Roberts wrote:
> John Francis wrote:

> >> How I remember!
> >
> >And yet you moved to Boston?
> >
> >After the "Big Dig" was (mostly) completed, admittedly, but even so ...
>
> Boston has public transport that actually works fairly well. We've
> been putting less than 5,000 miles a year on our car - including the
> annual trip to GFM!

Yep, I know.  Before moving to Silicon Valley I used to live in Nashua, NH.
Getting into Boston was usually done by driving to the Alewife Parkway T
stop and taking the red line.

I was putting around 6000 miles/year onto the Mustang, and maybe another
1000-1500 on the snow day transport.  Now I telecommute, so I'm not even
doing that much - maybe 2500-3000 miles/year (and no snow days).