On Jun 13, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Bob W wrote:

> it must be very stressful indeed, not knowing when it's all going to be over.

It's not too bad for me as I seem to live in a good part of town, relatively
speaking.  I really feel for the people out east as there has been yet more
liquefaction-induced flooding on a wide scale, and the silt that goes with it.
Plus a lot of them will be without electricity overnight.  It's hard to throw a
log on the fire when your chimney came down last time and you've had an
electric heat pump installed.

My photos were very localised.  I only saw a few small patches of the stuff in
our entire neighbourhood.  On the other side of the city they have entire
blocks shin-deep in water.

We've lost our water supply but it'll probably come back on within the next day
or two and we do have some bottled water available.  And failing that there is
the liquor cabinet :)

> Your pictures are fascinating. It must affect your psychology quite
> profoundly, knowing how easily your entire world can just melt away.

It's weird to say this but you do seem to get used to it.  It can't be
predicted so it's better not to think about it.  While a near-death experience
does tend to put one's problems into perspective, it's not something I'd
recommend on a regular basis :)

Dave