The flash may be funny, but should go, if not a long way, at least part way toward reducing red-eye by getting it further away from the centerline of the lens. Smart idea in my book.

jm

-----Original Message----- From: Steven Desjardins
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:11 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: New Pentax Q Compact camera system

That flash is funny.  I think I'll wait (maybe a long time) for the
rumored K mount system being announced in the fall.  I have not real
idea how well the Q will sell.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Joseph McAllister <pentax...@mac.com> wrote:
Announced today, as far as I can tell. Pentax User has the photos http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/news

New Pentax Q Compact System Camera And Q-Mount Interchangeable Lenses

The exciting news from Pentax today is the release of the Pentax Q Compact System Camera and 5 Q-Mount interchangeable lenses.

Pentax Q System Camera Key Features:

       • 12.4 megapixel backlit 1/2.33inch CMOS sensor

       • 3inch 16:9 screen, 460k dots

       • 5fps shooting

       • Shake Reduction built in (shift-CMOS)

       • Dust Removal

       • ISO125 - ISO6400

       • Smart Filters, including HDR

       • Multi-exposure (up to 9 shots)

       • Customisable Green button

• Full HD Video recording, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, 30fps, up to 25 minutes

       • Built in pop-up flash, flash hot-shoe

       • P/A/S/M modes

       • RAW support (Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0)

       • 230-250 shots depending on flash use

       • Highlight, Shadow, Lens distortion correction

       • Rechargeable lithium ion battery

       • 98x57.7x31mm

       • 180g body only

Pentax has announced five new Q-Mount lenses for the new Pentax Q interchangeable lens system. The five new lenses are numbered by Pentax from 01 to 05, so one should expect to see additional lenses in the future, the new lenses are:

       • Pentax 01 Standard Prime f/1.9 47mm equivalent, metal mount

• Pentax 02 Standard Zoom f/2.8-4.5, 27.5~83.0mm equivalent, metal mound

• Pentax 03 Fish-Eye f/5.6, 17.5mm equivalent, 160 degrees view, plastic mount, manual focus

• Pentax 04 Toy Wide f/7.1, 35mm equivalent, plastic mount, manual focus

• Pentax 05 Toy Telephoto f/8.0, 100mm equivalent (Pancake), plastic mount, manual focus

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac

Steve Desjardins