Mike Johnston had the inside scoop and mentions that the name probably
refers to the Queen in playing cards, because the K mount referred to
the King:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2011/06/qsystem.html

This worries me, because the APS-C mirrorless coming in the (Northern
Hemisphere) Autumn might feature a new J mount...which would make it,
you guessed it, the Joker!

If they're going to stick to the card allusions, I would release the
camera system in all-black only and call the new mount the AOS (Ace Of
Spades) Mount. Needless to say, all the advertising would be done by
Lemmy:

http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Lemmy_poster.jpg

I'm actually being a lot more serious than any of you is giving me credit for.

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com
    A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment