From: "Bob W"
If I get on a bus that says Trafalgar Square on the front, I don't
> want to
> > be forced to go shopping first.
>
> A fallacious argument. You won't have to go shopping, but you will see
> ads on the side of the bus, on the bus shelter, and perhaps on the
> interior of the bus as well. And if they weren't there, you'd probably
> have to pay twice as much to ride that bus. It's commerce in a free
> society, and, for the most part, it works.
> Paul

OK, I'm not forced to read or avoid the ads before I can get on the bus. I
don't strongly object to sites, or buses, carrying ads, what I object to is
the in-yer-face intrusive approach that photo.net have taken with theirs
which spoils the experience of looking at your photos and those of others,
so I won't go there.

I lose, you lose, photo.net loses, the advertisers lose. How can you think
that works?

I understand what you're saying, but I just don't see the "in-yer-face intrusive" nature of the advertising at photo.net.

I am not a member of photo.net, so if it's bad I should be getting the brunt of it. Right?

I don't see the ads, but I can see the frames where the ads are located, and there's less advertising on the page than in the average newspaper or magazine. There's a banner at the top, and a banner at the bottom, and on some pages there's a box off to one side more or less in the middle.

-----
No virus found in this message.