On 28 June 2011 20:50,  <drd1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just for information purposes, I get a pop up window with an ad that I have
> to close in order to see the picture.  I use a MacBook with Safari.

Are you referring to Flickr or photo.net? I get an occasional pop up
at photo.net but never at Flickr.  Occasionally the ad-server doesn't
insert the ad into the windows at either site.

As an free Flickr member I see the same ad windows that any other
visitor will see whether a member or not, although the ad content is
localised.  Paying subscribers are excused from seeing ads, apparently
at both sites.  They won't be aware of any advertising unless they
logout, delete their cookies, and then return as a visitor..

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"
                                               (Anon)