http://photofocus.com/2011/07/06/google-plus-read-the-fine-print-before-you-sign-up/

Makes the good point about "read the fine print before you sign up, or post
anything".

The short form is that if you post something to google+, they get to do what
they want with it, without paying you.

I haven't looked into the google+ photo sharing at any depth yet.  I've got an
account and have poked around a bit.  The biggest advantages seem to be the
user interface for sorting friends into groups (or circles) so that you can
select who to share with, and that it isn't facebook.