On 11-07-06 3:23 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
http://photofocus.com/2011/07/06/google-plus-read-the-fine-print-before-you-sign-up/

Makes the good point about "read the fine print before you sign up, or post
anything".

The short form is that if you post something to google+, they get to do what
they want with it, without paying you.

I haven't looked into the google+ photo sharing at any depth yet.  I've got an
account and have poked around a bit.  The biggest advantages seem to be the
user interface for sorting friends into groups (or circles) so that you can
select who to share with, and that it isn't facebook.

To be fair (for a few milliseconds) a large part of that ToS is, of course, to enable them to store your uploaded images and to enable them to be seen by whoever you intended to share them with. Clearly they need to be able to "transmit" the data to accomplish this and "modify" would typically be to resize them for thumbnails and recompress them like Facebook does now.

However, the lack of a phrase like "we will give up any of these rights when you remove the content" (like Flickr has) means they are doing the Facebook thing and are therefore just as useless for a photographer to use in any professional capacity.

So maybe this will become Facebook 2.0 with all its present limitations and intellectual property rights and privacy concerns.

-bmw