On 7/21/2011 12:59, William Robb wrote:
On 20/07/2011 8:27 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

I paid the guy five bucks to take his photo. He wasn't being taken
advantage of. He earned some money.

That you paid him, and that perhaps Shel didn't pay his subject (though
it's entirely possible that Shel bought him that coffee, and perhaps
some food) is beside the point. The point was, since both were taken
with permission, how is one more cruel than the other?
If payment is the only reason, did you pay him the going rate for
modelling?
For that matter, would my TFCD studio work be considered cruel (not
commenting on how I tend to butcher things, just the act of taking the
images in the first place)?

Ok don't jump on Paul for what I said about Shel :-)

I used cruel a bit losely... and personally. change "Cruel" to "sneaky" if you wish.

But I just could never do either what Paul did or Shel did.

ann