On 9/16/11 20:48, luiz felipe wrote:
Thanks for the comments! I was hoping the MZ-3 would be somewhat quicker than the MZ-5, since the shutter lag and AF speed of said MZ-5 did not impress me when I used one, some time ago. At least the MZ-3 offers DOF preview.
I've used an MZ-5n, which like others are saying is a virtually identical camera, quite a lot, and I don't think the AF is as much "slow" as it is "hit or miss". I've also haven't noticed any other lag. I've never tried the MZ-5 for comparison, though, so maybe I'm not being helpful.

The MZ-3 (and -5n) also has an exposure lock button, which I think the MZ-5 may be missing.

- Toralf

Since the intended use for that camera is not high quality but risky situations, AND the current camera is an EOS 500n, probably there will be one more pentax around here. We'll see...

Thanks!