Jaume Lahuerta wrote:

For what I remember and read in Bojidar's site, the MZ-3 is a MZ-5n with 1/4000 top speed instead of 1/2000 (the MZ-5n, which I own does have DoF preview)
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/bodies/film_MZ-ZX/index.html

Correct. The only difference between the two cameras is the tuning of the shutter. Then, in order to differentiate them a bit more, Pentax equipped the MZ-3 with the data back as standard, while the MZ-5n had it optional. This is true for most markets, but I won't be surprised to see that somewhere the MZ-5n was sold with the data back, and/or the MZ-3 without it.

Dario