On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:15 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

> Wednesday evening, on another mailing list I was pointed to a saddening post
> on Tim Bray's blog.  Last week, Dennis Ritchie passed away.
>
> This news will almost certainly cause one of two reactions:
> "Who?"
> or
> Dismay that we have lost someone who has arguably contributed more to the
> world of computing than Jobs, Torvalds and Stallman combined.

I'm in the second camp but I'm pleased that the mainstream news media has
reported the news.  I haven't used C for a long time.  My last projects were a
horrible CGI web database and a fun little LCD module driven through the
parallel port.

BTW I personally would use puts() instead of printf() in that situation :)

Cheers,
Dave