Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 01:15:32 -0700
From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>

>Wednesday evening, on another mailing list I was pointed to a saddening
>post on Tim Bray's blog.  Last week, Dennis Ritchie passed away.
>

>This news will almost certainly cause one of two reactions:
>"Who?"
>or
>Dismay that we have lost someone who has arguably contributed more to
>the world of computing than Jobs, Torvalds and Stallman combined.

Thanks for the info.
To many a coworkers dismay, I periodically revert to the K&R style.
It just seems more readable.

C got me started in my career.  The only language that you could grow by adding
your own native code functionality!  Without C we would not have C++, Java,
JavaScript, and that Microsoft garbage J++, C#.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott