Hi,

my meaning in that was probably not clear. I'm not suggesting that it
doesn't use MTF data (it is the MTF programme, after all). What I
meant was that when the shutter speed is too slow for the optimum
aperture, it is unlikely to select the 2nd choice aperture (which must
be wider than the optimum) on the basis of best available MTF
performance, rather it's likely just to choose the smallest aperture
consistent with a fast enough shutter speed, i.e. it switches to
regular program mode. So I'd guess that the chip only contains one
aperture value - the MTF optimum - rather than a sequence of aperture
values in descending order of MTF optimality.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]