On 22/12/11, Dario Bonazza, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Anybody here having experience with Pentax DSRL video recording? I
>especially ask which mic is better for the K-5.
>I've tried the SG-108:
>http://www.amazon.co.uk/SG-108-Microphone-microphone-Samsung-Camcorders/
>dp/B004UN9I2O
>and the result is crap: almost unintellegible and nothing better than the
>built-in mic of the K-5.
>I guess the big problem is impedance mismatch, as the SG-108 mic is 200 ohm
>and the K-5 requires 2.2Kohm.
>Any tips and suggestions for a good mic? What about the Nikon ME-1? Can the
>K-5 power the mic as the ME-1 requires?

Dario, I'm afraid I can't answer your specific questions about recording
video and mics for DSRLs as they use an unbalanced system. I do however
use balanced systems and have a reasonable knowledge of video an audio.
There are some interesting tutorials and links which may be of help here:

Video tutorial on DSLR sound:

<http://philipbloom.net/2010/12/16/recording-sound-with-dslrs/>

LInks to more articles and tutorials:

scroll down, left hand column (DSLR Shooting):

<http://philipbloom.net/education/>

Hope this helps!

If you really want to get into shooting DSLR video and record
professional-spec balanced audio, you'll need a breakout box like these:

<http://www.hdvideopro.com/gear/cameras/at-a-glance-juicedlink-cx231.html>

<http://www.abelcine.com/store/Beachtek-DXA-5DA-Passive-DSLR-Adapter/>

HTH :)

--