Joseph McAllister wrote:

Dario, I purchased the RODE VideoMic that is show in all the images from
Pentax re: video recording. It works great, but the formed mic muffler
that covers it from the factory is only good for indoor use. You have to
spend a few bucks more for a proper wind attenuating cover, the ones that
look like a shaggy dogs tail. They just slip over the existing attenuator,
and are tied in place with a little string noose.

Thanks JoMac. I understand everybody suggest that microphone. However, I
have two doubts:

1 - I'd like a directional mic for recording at a concert, hopefully getting
music instead of public noise. The Rode SVM is stereo, but not directional.

2 - So far, I got the best results with a cheapo-cheapo (10 bucks or less) PC microphone I happen to own. That gives a better sound level than either the K-5 built-in mic or the shotgun SG-108 microphone.
Is the 200 ohm output of the SG-108 shotgun mic responsible for
the barely audible sound level I got? I had this suspect since the K-5
specs say that input impedance of the mic port is 2.2 Kohm. If so, why
should that Rode SVM mic any better, as it also gives 200 ohm output like
the SG-108?

Dario