On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 09:52:56AM -0600, Darren Addy wrote:
> http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/18th-annual-readers-photo-contest
>
> 8x10 film
> And a $2700 lens that is the equiv. of the Pentax 15mm rectilinear on
> a full frame 35mm.
> And clearly post-processed (very well).
>
> Still, I'm happy to see a film shot get such an award. And it is a
> stunning image.
>
> Darren Addy
> Kearney, Nebraska

I started to brows through this gallery.  It's a bit awkward to see both
the image and the technical data (at a size that's possible to read), and
that's on a 1920x1200 resolution screen.  Maybe I should try rotating my
secondary display to a portrait orientation ...

I must admit that while I was perusing the first half a dozen images the
recent observations here about the prevalence of highly-saturated images
came to my mind. By the time that B&W image came along I was ready for it.
And the twelfth image made an interesting statement about colour, too.

I'll look through some more of the images when I've got a few less things
to do (assuming we can tear ourselves away from Skyrim, that is :-).

P.S. That 12th image appears to duplicate the caption from the 2nd image.