The breadth and depth of the arcane pedantry on this list is truly impressive.

On 2/5/2012 4:07 PM, John Francis wrote:
On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:28:32PM -0000, Bob W wrote:

I dislike marmalade, but the best is Frank Coopers . . .

Hardly.

It's not bad (and certainly a cut above Golden Shred, let alone
the high-fructose corn-syrup laden abominations perpetrated on
the American publc by the likes of Smuckers), but it's by no
means the best that is available.

Duerr have a couple of reasonable varieties (their Manchester
marmalade, for example, is what Golden Shred is trying to be,
while their 1881 Original is similar to Cooper's Oxford).
Then there's the stuff the Scandinavian's prodece; I'm quite
partial to Elki's Orange fruit spread from their Scandinavian
Delights line - minimally processed, and extremely tasty.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)