On 2/24/2012 11:32 AM, steve harley wrote:
on 2/24/12 9:18 AMWalt Gilbert wrote
So, after a full day of that, the power goes out for a few minutes while
they're on the charger, and I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow (which, as I explained to Frank in an unrelated message, is not as a "wedding photographer" but as a friend of the bride who owns a camera). I'm just wondering if it would be wise or stupid to just let them charge in the normal "Charge" mode now
without them having completed the "Refresh" cycle.

it should be fine to do so; i'm no expert on the "refresh" stuff, but my impression is that it doesn't make a large difference in the capacity
I hope you're right. My biggest concern is actually damaging the batteries, but I guess that's what smart chargers are for; to keep that from happening.

I've been surprised at how little quality information I've been able to find on
the web about properly charging LSD batteries.

i haven't worried about perfect charging hygiene ... my Eneloops have been doing fine for years with just the basic slow charge and a very occasional fast charge when needed; the charger has told me when a couple have failed (out of 20 or 30)

What information I have been able to find seems to be from people who are not just fastidious with their batteries, but outright obsessive about them. On the one hand, they seem to know a lot about batteries. On the other hand, they seem like lunatics.

-- Walt