These days, 2 or 3 sets of alkalines is about the same price as a set
of rechargables.

I've never had a problem just tossing batteries on the charger when
they get low.  They aren't ni-cad, and won't develop memory, so I
never felt the need to get an expensive intellegent charger.  I've
also never really seen the need for Eneloops since I already had the
NiMH and an 8 slot charger.

I'd rather be out shooting with a spare set of batteries than worry
about the exact charge status and whether I remembered to condition
them.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com