on 2012-11-03 1:48 Larry Colen wrote
This may come as a surprise to you, but you aren't the only sicko photographer
on this list. [...]
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157610185421629/

awww, sweet …

i'm not quite that sick, but i've documented the leavings of hawk feasts, and also had a wonderful time with a duck that mysteriously crashed into our backyard last winter

[perfunctory warning to viewers]

<https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3510446/1/death?h=3d43e3>

i also photographed my father's cremation, which despite my limits as a photographer i think is an amazing document (and one i don't share widely)

I love to take photos of things
that were once beautiful, but are now showing signs of decay, disrepair and
death.

the once-beautiful is perhaps the most beautiful; impermanence is a noble theme