On 20/03/2012, at 1:51 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that this /is/ a mirrorless camera targeted at the Pentax
> faithful.  Really if you were looking for an EVIL camera stepping up from a
> P&S and didn't have an investment in K mount lenses what system would you
> choose.....

If I was marketing the K-01 the message would be "Do you want to be locked into
a system with few lenses and no room to grow or would you like to be part of a
system with a wide range of lenses which will still work later if you graduate
to an SLR". To me that is the unique selling point of the K-01, that it is part
of a fully fledged system. If you already own an SLR then your lenses will
mount (via adapters) to any of the other mirrorless cameras, but if your first
camera is mirrorless then you can't upgrade to an SLR without buying new
lenses. This is exactly the same selling point as for Nikon/Canon APS-C cameras
- you can upgrade to full frame and use (mostly) the same lenses. If the K-01
had been made by Canon I'm sure you would see it in ads with the full array of
Canon lenses behind it to drive the point home.

Paul