Quoting David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com>:

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Replace your Acrobat PDF reader with Foxit PDF reader. Smaller,
faster, better. Free. http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Agreed. &nbsp;Foxit Reader is excellent. &nbsp;I consigned Acrobat Reader to the waste
bin some time ago.

Seems to be a windows based file, no OSX .

Ah.  Sorry.  I should have realised that not everyone is on Windows....

I just tried to open some in Safari, so it looks like it may be a
Firefox thing, OSX on an iMac. I have poled around the browser to see
what i can do to trouble shoot firefox, but nothing seems to pop up at
me,.

Any ideas. I prefer Firefox over safari.

No, but Googling around brought up Skim. I know nothing about it (as it's OSX) but it might be worth a look.

http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/

--
Cheers

Brian