On 15/4/12, David J Brooks, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I just tried to open some in Safari, so it looks like it may be a
>Firefox thing, OSX on an iMac. I have poled around the browser to see
>what i can do to trouble shoot firefox, but nothing seems to pop up at
>me,.

Dave, when you click on a pdf link in Safari, it should open the page in
Safari. Instead of clicking on the link, try 'Control' clicking (that
is, hold down the 'ctrl' key while clicking on the link - then see a
small drop down box appear - one of the options should be 'download
file' or similar. This will save the file to your desktop where you can
view it at your leisure.

I use Adobe Reader and don't have a problem with it - in fact I find it
displays PDFs better than Safari.

HTH

--

Cheers,