Touchè.

Well... now I believe that D-FA and DA no longer have a meaning and they are used randomly.

Dario

-----Messaggio originale----- From: P. J. Alling
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 8:50 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about a Sept announcement of a FF DSLR from Pentax

Actually the latest DFA 100mm macro that's weather resistant doesn't
have an aperture ring, either that or they've done a damned good job
camouflaging it.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses/smc_PENTAX_D_FA_MACRO_100mm_F2.8_WR

So far, all D-FA lenses have an aperture ring, while it seems some DA lenses cover 24x36 format (how well, I don't know). So I have the feeling that now DA just means 'without an aperture ring' and D-FA means 'with an aperture ring', irrespectively of the lens coverage.