Yes, that should have been amateur, not armature, though in some sense the testers may be armatures, who knows.

P. J. Alling wrote:
The DA 40 f2.8 is almost exactly the same lens as the M 40 f2.8, by all accounts. However it does seem that the former is sharper in the center, (the area covered by the APS-C sensor), but softer at the edges and in the corners, when tested on 35mm film. It's possible that Pentax tweaked it for APS-C, or it's possible that the admitted armature testers were biased. Personally if Pentax brings out a FF camera and I had a choice, (oh wait I do), I'd stick with the FA 43mm f1.9. I expect that the 40mm lenses of any of the three series M, DA or the new Mark Newson thingy will disappoint.

Margus Männik wrote:
Rumors? No rumors, D-FA Macros, DA 35, DA40 Limited, DA*55, DA*60-250, DA*200, DA*300 all do cover 24x36 frame without problems. I have tested 'em all quite carefully with Z-1p body. Haven't developed the film with some DA40XS shots, but most probably this lens also has no significant vignetting at corners.

BRM