Strange things do pop up from time to time Walt.

I tried to re-format a potentially defective 1 TB drive last week, and was
consistently told there was "insufficient memory" for the task by Disk Utility.
Apple and Iomega have no idea what that means or what brought it up.

On Jun 5, 2012, at 04:59 , Walter Hamler wrote:

> Yes, mine is only 8 months old and I added 3 - 4 gig cards right after
> buying. I have also updated to Lion. The machine is fast, but not a
> steamroller for sure. I just can't figure out why I come up with the
> msg that there isn't enough ram.  I strongly suspect it has something
> to do with ram allocation from my PC days.  However, it may well be
> that when PSE is crunching something as large as a 7 photo merge it
> uses up assets faster than I realize :-)
>
> Walt
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM, Joseph McAllister <pentax...@mac.com> wrote:
>> If your specs say that iMac will use 12 GB of RAM, it will. Maybe more. My
>> iMac is limited to 4 GB, but if matched it will take a 4 GB and 2 GB simm.
>> Many of the usual programs will use that extra 2 GB. Certainly speeds up
>> Aperture and PS, and everything else.

If it doesn’t excite you,
This thing that you see,
Why in the world,