Larry, GOOD LUCK with your new lens. I have one of them, an early one that is not an A lens, but I seemed to have misplaced it. I remember I did like it. I will have to look for it now.. But I use my newer (2009) Simga 70-200 F2.8 AF APO EX DG Macro lens a lot ,which I like a lot. Anyway I hope you enjoy your new lens..Joe

Stopped by citizen's photo in portland.  $150 later I have a tokina 80-200/2.8