Yes, I am talking about an uninterrupted power supply. So, no matter
if it is a surge or a power loss, the battery backup provides an
uninterrupted power source. I do so with the tv because it is an LCD
screen and power surges and power loses can damage the lcd's. Mine is
rated at 500 watts so more than enough for the TV and cable box.

Walt