On 30 July 2012 16:41, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These images are purely documentary, but for those of you who enjoy
> "Ghost Signs" here are two examples from the same building in my home
> town. Ghost signs painted on chalk brick (like these) tend to show up
> best when the brick gets wet, and we were fortunate enough to get a
> decent rain overnight (finally some moisture!) I drive past this
> building on my way to work every day, but the way the signs were
> "popping" and the overcast light this morning combined to provide the
> motivation for me to pull over and get them recorded.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/7677143598/in/photostream/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/7677143294/in/photostream/
>
> For those interested there is also a Flickr group dedicated to Ghost
> Signs, which has over 21,000 images:
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/10285999@N00/

Thanks for posting Darren. I've always been interested in these.
Here's one in Galena, Illinois which seems to be multi-layered:
http://www.mitch.myzen.co.uk/Galena/slides/_IGP2945.html

And here's a fun one in Cockermouth in the English Lake District, not
quite as faded, but disappearing fast. It should be listed by English
Heritage to preserve it:
http://www.mitch.myzen.co.uk/LakeDistrict2011_/slides/_IGP8938.html

Chris