On 8/28/12 0:22, Bruce Walker wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Toralf Lund<tor...@toralf.net>  wrote:
On 8/27/12 22:32, Bruce Walker wrote:
Try Tumblr for hosting small galleries, Toralf. I'm actually finding
it suitable now after a protracted search where I previously rejected
it.
OK, maybe I'll add an account and play around with it a bit. I actually
tried a few hosting sites a while back, and weren't terribly impressed with
any them - the main objection typically being too much noise on the pages. I
didn't consider galleries in particular, though, and never tried Tumblr.
Low noise was my goal too. I'm still tinkering with my configuration
but was able to get 95% there by just tweaking the colours and
settings of one stock "minimal" theme:

http://off-axis.brucemwalker.com/
That's not bad, actually.

Some nice pictures, too. Only looking at the clothes, obviously :-)

- Toralf

-

For an example of a *very* fine look and feel, super minimal, see:

http://thisisnthappiness.com/