On Sep 5, 2012, at 3:20 PM, Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave,
> Dark frame subtraction or not, that's a great lightening capture.
> The phone pole makes it very real.
> Regards,  Bob S.

I stopped being excited about my photos when I saw this shot by a photographer
who lives on the hill...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151131988345983&set=o.132340030175102&type=1&theater

Still I thought I did alright all things considered :)  Last time I attempted
to shoot lightning was on film over 10 years ago and I don't think I came out
with anything.

They said it was a once-in-10-year storm.  We had some of the biggest
hailstones I've ever seen (maybe half an inch, some parts of town had double
that size), but we had no damage at our place.

Cheers,
Dave