I used JB as the most popular example; not criticizing. I spent some
time listening to Top-40 radio during the spring & summer, just for a
musical change and update. To my surprise I found quite a bit I liked.
I'm a sucker for smart synth-pop. But I didn't care for JB at all.

And what eventually drove me crazy (and off those stations) is simply
the repetition. I'm musically restless and need variety, the opposite
of the Top-40 concept. With remix after remix being released, they are
actually playing most of the same tunes now in October that they were
playing in April. How can anyone take that? Over and over, the same
tunes once per hour. Gah!

--
-bmw