Doug Brewer <d...@alphoto.com> wrote:

>Yeah, I left my black lowepro bag stuffed full of gear in a darkened
>room corner of a motel in Greeneville, SC once, not realizing it until I
>arrived home three hours later that it didn't make the trip with me.
>
>Fortunately, I was a regular there and they recognized the bag as mine,
>so they held on to it until I could get back down there a couple days
>later. I tell you, though, it was a rough realization when it wasn't in
>the Jeep.

I once left my 31/1.8 Ltd at a site in a park where I was doing a dawn
shoot for a (paying!) client. I realized what I'd done about an hour
later. Since it was a dawn shoot in the middle of a large park and it
was still before 8:00 a.m. when I returned, the lens was still there
sitting on a rock in the middle of a stream.

Once in Winston-Salem before GFM my car was broken into with ALL my
gear in the back -- including 80-200/2.8, 300/2.8, medium format kit,
etc... The thief took only a case of music CDs from the front seat (I
think the alarm may have induced him to grab something small as fast
as possible without investigating the vehicle's contents further).