On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 09:36:11AM +1000, John Coyle wrote:

> If I wasn't getting the results I want from my Pentax kit, whether film or
> digital, I'd probably be
> looking at changing brands, but, this is not the case.   The changeover cost
> of moving to another
> brand is just too high, and I have no guarantees I'd be any more satisfied
> than now photographically.

That's about my opinion.

I've really got more than enough lenses for my needs (several of which haven't
been used in years).
The K-5 works well enough that it's rarely the limiting factor in the quality
of images I produce,
although it seems to be getting heavier every year.

I'm not wedded to Pentax - I'll probably buy whatever follows after the OM-D
(and the 75-300 lens)
as a carry-around to complement my wife's E-PL1 kit, and leave the K-5 at home
most of the time.
I'm sure the K-5 will meet my needs for the forseeable future, so I don't lose
too much sleep
wondering what (if anything) Pentax will release as their next model.  I don't
care that much about
a larger sensor - I use telephoto lenses far more often than wide angle, and
appreciate the lighter
weight the smaller sensor gives me.  I may buy another Pentax body, or I may
not - time will tell.
What I will probably buy, if it ever shows up, is a teleconverter that will
work with my DA* glass.
If it also works with my FA* lenses (with AF) that will be a bonus, but not an
absolute requirement.