Of course not.

Equipment is just what  makes taking pictures possible. That's all.

If someday they make a  super-duper cell phone camera I imagine I will use
that.

Pentax wasn't  making lenses (zooms) that I wanted so I switched to Canon.
Pentax is making  more lenses now, but years and years after I wanted them.
However, I did miss  the Pentax's sun-resistant coating.

Canon glass is pretty good, but I am  thinking of switching to a 3/4th's
system mainly because their lenses are so  HEAVY. Since they are "big mouthed"
most are much heavier than Pentax's. But I  imagine, if I do switch, then I
will miss Canon's fast  autofocus.

Equipment is always to be a trade off... unless one is  stinking rich.

Marnie aka Doe  ;-)

In a message dated 12/6/2012  2:57:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,