From: Larry Colen
On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:

Moose Peterson discusses how to edit; ie: learning how to choose just
your best work.

I like his suggestion of getting work on a restaurant wall and then
observing people's reactions to it. Could be a cringe-worthy exercise!

http://www.moosepeterson.com/blog/2013/01/04/to-share-or-not-to-share/

It touches on something I've been considering.  I am miserable at
judging my own work.  Things that I consider "nice but not special"
get high compliments from people who I respect, while things that I
consider very cool and interesting get little, if any, reaction.

The problem with the restaurant wall theory is that the people
looking at stuff on the restaurant wall aren't necessarily the best
critics of photography. I suppose that if there were a PDML cafe, the
feedback might be a bit more useful, but it would probably just
quickly degenerate into a bunch of scruffy middle aged photographers
standing around making stupid puns that had nothing to do with the
photograph in front of them.

Put a price on them before you hang them. If they sell, you know you're
on the right track.