On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM,  <eactiv...@aol.com> wrote:
> Basically, over time, sharing my photos on PDML  has given me a much better
> idea of what my better photos are. The feedback here  has been invaluable.
> And looking at others' PDML photos, there are some very  good photographers
> here, gives me things to aim for or "ape."

Actually, I should take the time to agree with this, since I could
have come off as not caring about what people think of my work; I do.
I'm pretty sure that PDML has improved my photography, but I’d flip
Marnie's findings.  For me, the big win is looking at others’ photos
and letting them teach me (both positive and negative, “have to try
for some of that” and “Ewww, don’t go there”).  Yes, I enjoy it when
people say my picture is good, and perhaps even more when someone
growls “fix the crop” or “bring up the highlights” or whatever.  But I
learn way more from the pictures here than the words. -T