But i'm always seeing similarities in faces among celebrites or from friends to celebrities, etc.

tomorrow more info!

ann

On 1/6/2013 18:22, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Ann Sanfedele

John, I'm not at all ignoring that... I meant "any one know this
photographer" literally.

This is not a amateur - whether illustrious or not, the 4 photos
of his or her's are evidence of that (I'll be showing snaps of the 3 I
Didn't buy after tomorrow)

My guess is this and the others were done as an assignment for some
purpose - for personal portraiture, a magazine piece, or a magazine ad.

The fact that no one can recognize the model or the photographer in an
online community NOW doesn't preclude the possibility that the model
is more than "just someones grandmother,etc."

I'd just really be interested to know who took the photos and stranger
things have happened than a light-bulb going on over the heads of
one of "us" with our being a truly international community.

 From one of the other photos, I'd say this was someone shooting
anywhere the late 40's to the mid 60's .

I'll take your "obviously she's not FAMOUS famous" somewhat tongue in
cheek.  How many "famous Famous" writers, scientists, business moguls,
statesmen in countries other than your own would you recognize in
photographs taken 50 years ago?

It would be neat if I found out WHOSE grandmother she might be.
And given the doggie in the photo - this could even be an early
Wegman, if it comes to that.

so You packed yet? :-)

ann

Famous writers - a few; famous scientists - maybe a few more; business
moguls - none at all; statesmen - maybe as many as writers & scientists ...

Leading ladies & supporting actresses from the 30s through the 60s,
quite a few. Even the ones I can't remember by name I remember faces
pretty good and she just didn't ring a bell.

The doggie would make me more inclined to believe it was someone who
knew of Wegman's work.

The one image I've seen so far could be any time between the 30s & the
60s. The dress & pearls are pretty classic. The photos in the background
say to me it's someone's living room.

It looks like a formal coffee service on the table in front of her, but
I can't tell what she's holding in her left hand. At screen resolution
it looks a little bit like a TV-dinner tray

That might give some clue when the photo was taken ... if it *is* a TV
dinner tray.

But mainly, if it's a photo by a working pro (i.e. someone who was going
to get paid), I'd expect a studio stamp on the back somewhere.

Packed? Mostly ready to be packed. I have my bags laid out. I'm still
doing laundry & arranging equipment so that it's ready to go into my bags.

Testing equipment, charging batteries & making sure all the accessories
are ready to go.