On 8 January 2013 18:01, Dario Bonazza <dario.bona...@virgilio.it> wrote:
> Miserere wrote:
>
> Larry,
>
> When I saw the news piece and the image of the camera on my phone my
> heart skipped a beat. I though one of two things had happened:
>
> 1) Pentax had released a fixed-lens (43mm-e f/1.9) APS-C compact.
>
> or
>
> 2) Pentax had FINALLY released an interchangeable-lens APS-C
> mirrorless camera worthy of the Pentax name.
>
> Why did I think of these two possibilities? Because the camera is
> called (drumroll) MX-1. They could've called it POS-1, Q-100, or a
> gazillion other names, but no, they went with a name that is sacred in
> the Pentax lore. And for what? For an advanced P&S. I don't care if
> Pentax wants to sell some cameras to people who think a Canon S100,
> Oly XZ-1 or Fuji X10 won't fit their needs (whoever these fictitious
> people may be), but just don't call the camera MX-1 or, LX-1, because
> that is misleading to Pentax users. I'd even go further and say it's
> insulting.
>
> I don't think this camera will be a *complete* failure, but it won't
>
> be a success, because it's very late to the party and doesn't seem to
> offer anything to distinguish it from the Big 3 I listed above.
>
> And that's all I have to say about that (for now).
>

> —M.
>
> Once again, I happen to agree word by word with Miserere.
> Dario

You, Sir, have a brilliant and distinguished mind  ;-)

I now realise I forgot to list the Panasonic LX7 in the list of
advanced compacts; and the LX1 was the camera that began the whole
advanced P&S trend (if I remember correctly) back in 2005. 7 years
ago, my friends.

I'd like to publicly announce that I will forgive Pentax their heresy
if they announce an MX-10 (as either of the two cameras I mentioned
earlier) before CES is over.

I won't be holding my breath and am likely to remain sitting down.

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com
    A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment