On 2/12/2013 1:03 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
I thought it might be an interesting discussion to ask the PDML
assembled, the following question:
What lenses do you regret parting with (or will *never* part with)? I
have the feeling some interesting stories, images, and
who-knows-what-else might come from this thread. Depending upon
everyone's participation (of course) it has the potential to be a
whopper of a thread.

I'd like the discussion to include anything & everything, from manual
focus screwmount lenses up to the latest technology.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pop some popcorn in anticipation
of the coming show.

I've never parted with a lens that I really liked, unless I had a duplicate or it met an unfortunate end, (the screw mount 28mm that shared the fate of the Spotmatic when it went over the cliff was never my favorite). Some I still have duplicates of. I did try to dispose of a SMCP [K]135mm f3.5 a while ago in a trade, but after testing it out managed to let the trade get away, I don't regret that, it's a really wonderful little, err. maybe not so little lens. The results it gives are fully the equal of much more expensive equivalents.

--
Buy a Leica to get the full “Leica Experience”, (a quick reduction of funds in
the bank account).